Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Space Megaforce

HotnessX2.

The pinnacle of Compile shooters. Blazing Lazers with better graphics, double the weapons, different layouts per weapon and awesome usages of mode 7. Also a little easier but that's not a plus, cos I think Blazing Lazers has just about the perfect difficulty.

Could very well be on my top five list of games.

Tons of genius business in this game. Level 5 where you have to not kill the drills till they get you out of the rocks is totally sweet. Almost every weapon can be completely badass (I like numbers 2,6 and 7 the most, but even 3 which is basically the shittastic IV from BL is way more workable this time out. Flattening the screen with a full on 6 blast is something else.)

I love it. Needs to be on VC, and until then is the reason I still have my SNES.

4 stars.

No comments: