Friday, May 9, 2008

Grand Theft Auto 4 - 1st 2 hours

While i post this, Gorgeous Hair's likely online having a blast with it. I have not been online. What I can tell you is that everything old is new again. Restarting missions is easier. So good for that. I haven't got a gun yet, so I can't comment.

What sucks so far:
- terrible frame rate. TERRIBLE
- Nico walks comedically slow. It might be realistic, but after playing Crackdown, I'm over it.
- Motion capture and animation straight out of Grand Theft Auto 3, which even back then wasn't anything special.
- While some of the humor's good, most of it's straight out of the 8th grade.

What doesn't:
- Brooklyn or wherever I am is nicely done. Feels both large enough and small enough and has a nice amount of variety.


2 stars

more later

No comments: