Friday, October 17, 2008

Linger in the Shadows

They say up front it's not a game but rather an interactive art piece. I don't entirely buy that. It's a very slow and even more poorly explained "Dragon's Lair".

I like the idea of people doing things like this, but I have no love for this specifically. Being able to spin the sprite particles does not interactive art make. If it did more stuff I'd be more onboard, but the game seems to be hit all the buttons, which all do nothing until the right moment when one will do something.

This gets into an idea of technology art. A game, by its very nature, should feel like you are in control of it. Art gets to pick and choose, but because this art is on my PS3 I want to feel like I have more input than I do so I'm upset about it.

Who knows.

No comments: